Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve and Christmas

This year for Christmas was a little different for me. I spent Christmas Eve with Shane at his moms. It was so fun to be there and spend time with his family! He has 2 sisters and 1 brother. They all have kids, so it felt like home. All the kids running around excited for the next day. Opening gifts from grandma (Shane's mom) and just so much love!
We had soup and salads for dinner, tons of different kinds of desserts and yummy yummy rolls!
We played Minute to Win it, holiday edition and it was hilarious. Shane's sister Angie put the games together and we all had such a fun time doing them. Some were hard but others were even harder. The tasks that they have you do on that TV show really are harder then they look. Shane's mom had prizes for each winner. So fun!

After spending time with Shane's family we went to his friends house for a little while and sat by the fire and talked and laughed so much! Such a fun time seeing other families traditions at the holidays. :)

Christmas day; Janessa stayed with my family on Christmas Eve. (She had already planned on it when Shane asked me to go to his families with him... she was so sweet and told me she wanted me to go with and she would be fine with my family) It was fun having her with us that morning and all day! That morning I had to get up super early and finish Shane's quilt that I was making for him, ya for his Christmas present. Way to wait till the last minute... I know.
When everyone else started to get up we made breakfast and started opening gifts. Such a fun morning. When we were all done everyone,(all the married siblings, which is everyone) went to the in-laws. :) Quiet again... yes!

Janessa and I watched some movies and did nothing. It was so nice to have a day where we didn't have to do anything! Shane called and said he was on his way back from the valley so him and I did our gift exchange. He loved his gifts I got him and I loved mine from him! I was impressed cause some of the stuff I got was something I mentioned 2 months before!

The rest of the night was spent laying around and watching movies. Taking Janessa back to the valley, Filly's breakfast burritos, and movies with Shane. Such a fun Christmas, different but just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment