Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sushi Night for FHE

Last night Chase and I made sushi for his family for FHE. We had made the sushi rolls at a friends house a couple of weeks ago and decided that we wanted to make it for his family. No one in his family has tried sushi so we were really excited since Chase and I have it quite often. 

To get all the supplies we went to my first Asian Market. If you have never been to an Asian Market you need to go and just look around. They have the most amazing stuff, gross, but amazing. And the smell is definitely its own smell... So we had to get the seaweed paper, crab and shrimp from the market. I wanted to get out of there so fast, it was a fun experience though.

Chase and I getting ready to start making the sushi
All of the ingredients
Chase: The "expert" sushi cutter...(He gave himself this title)
The table. We made them use only chopsticks. It was so fun!
Look how perfect the sushi is! 
Haylie (Chase's sister) helping with the Dessert Sushi. 
This is what happens after family prayer and someone says one smart remark...
Hunter totally had him
Hunter smiling while holding Chase in a headlock

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun fhe. Todd loves sushi. Me not so much a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We need to make that...I have been craving sushi for awhile. What am I saying....I could eat it every day and still not get sick of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think you need to make me some too... I'm willing to even go to the Asian Market for you! Ha ha! Ty & I love going there. :)

    ReplyDelete